Meeting July 26, 2021
 513 Sunset Drive

PRESENT

Stan Hanoski( Vice-President), Daryl Lukan, Scott Siemens, Mike Garbowicz

Regrets: Colin Hanoski, Bruce McDowell

1.  Call to Order at 6:30 pm

2.  Approval of Agenda

 

M:  That the Agenda be approved as circulated with the addition of an item relating to a request for enhanced trail    
      access.

       M/S: M. Garbowicz/D. Lukan

       CARRIED

3.  Adoption of Minutes

 

M:  That the Minutes of June 21, 2021 be approved as circulated

       M/S: D. Lukan/M. Garbowicz

       CARRIED

4.   Financial Report - See Appendix A previously submitted by Treasurer

   

5  KRA Report

 

Lorne provided the following updates:

  • Water update: wells, storage any other options - Wells seem to be producing avg of 30 gpm which is comfortable.  Given water usage, pumps are running steady which creates other concerns.  Lorne was asked to provide the board with monthly & yearly water utilization rates for reference.

  • Sunset-Cedar Stop Sign - Why was it removed ?  Lorne simply removed it as it was no longer necessary given the move to change Cedar into one-way.  Lorne will look into some ideas to deal with speed in that area which the stop sign previously addressed.

  • Speed bumps - No longer necessary up on McNab, due to the Hidden Valley Campground (HVC) traffic tactics, Lorne will consider using them on Sunset in strategic locations.

  • Hydrant flushing - Will happen this fall

  • Road update (Grading, Gravel & Dust Proofing) - Regina Beach purchased their own dust-proofing equipment which we will try to coordinate with to improve our efficacy.  McNab will be done again on Aug 5th.

  • One way Cedar Crescent - Seems to be working well

  • Shoreline access policy update - Lorne will address policy with Wayne again.  Will also move the West Gate out several hundred meters and look at moving the East Gate to a more appropriate location in line with Community boundary.  Lorne will also begin working on more formally establishing an East Side trail access.  Previous indicator from Wayne is that collection of funds from the so-called squatters is not a KRA problem, this needs to be handled by KBA.  The last heard was Wayne is looking to hire a surveyor to establish specific lots for those between main street Regina Beach and our eastern gates to generate rental revenue.

  • IMUC updates - No updates as no recent meetings

  • Park – Stairs to shore - Steel stairs may not be needed as a resident has offered to put in some deck & stairs if they can use the spot adjacent to the area.  Placement will need to be managed with neighbors so there are no concerns about Resident preferential treatment.  Lorne will continue to discuss this with the parties and report back.  Any construction will be done in line with commercial construction standards.

  • Use of reclaimed asphalt - Seemed to work well, will put more down in the few necessary spots

  • Traffic Diversion at Sunset & McNab - Barricades are working, the new cement ones will work better and the HVC team will manage.

  • Request for Easement access between Rick Armstrong and Dan Dennis – Lorne has been authorized to widen the existing trail to facilitate more than walkers (eg: quads, carts, etc.).  Will wait until fall to make it happen

  • Update on Campground and how it may affect the Residents of Kinookimaw - Hidden Valley Campground is now a go as a commercial entity.  This will affect all traffic in that area and severely limit access to the “hills” for non-residents.  KRA members will have special access to the wilderness area.  HVC will attend to putting up signs, traffic control, etc..

  • Speed limit signs for McNab - Signs are coming next week, to be installed early August

  • Update on Spring / Summer water testing results.

  • Provided to the community on July23, 2021

  • Testing results continue to be positive with rare and minimal evidence of content requiring address.

M:  THAT  the KBA report be accepted as presented

       M/S: D. Lukan/M. Garbowicz

       CARRIED

6.  Unfinished/Old Business

 

  • Trailer Storage - Mike & Scott reported on the removal of the ineligible trailer.  All units are now compliant.

  • Status of Lagoon Fund Rebate?? (Minutes of Aug 6/20) - Lorne will follow up at IMUC and Wayne, but believes the rebate has been issued.

  • Community Notice Board - Stan spoke with Carla on the flowers who indicated that another resident took it over and she subsequently returned the flowers she purchased.

  • Communication with the community - Stan has drafted a message to the Community.  Members are asked to review and provide feedback to Stan for a message to be issued by July 30th.

M:  THAT  the KRA old business items be dispatched as recorded

      M/S: D. Lukan/M. Garbowicz

      CARRIED

7.  New Business

  • Remaining Terms of Directors

  • Colin – completing final 2-year term

  • Scott – completing 1st 2-year term

  • Daryl – completing final 2-year term

  • Bruce – completing 1st 2-year term

  • Mike – 1 year remaining on first 2-year term

  • Stan – 1 year remaining on first 2-year term

  •  

  • New Director Options - Carla Matt; Constance Hourie; Alison Curtis; Roe Dennis; Craig Matt.  Stan will speak with candidates re: allowing their names to stand for election.

  • Bylaw Compliance Committee - Stan spoke with Craig Matt and he indicated that he would be interested in being part of the compliance committee.  Scott & Mike will reach out to convene meeting.  Mike will confirm with Matt to bring him onto the BCC

  • AGM Planning - Hall is booked for Sept 18th, meeting starts at 9:30 until 11:30

  • Gates located on Cedar Cres., request that these be left open - The “park committee” is meeting on July 27th for a work bee.  They will be discussing the need for the gate to remain closed / locked / open / other.  Lorne will also communicate to those on Cedar who may need the access code.  We may need to consider a new arrangement to manage traffic / access along the park to provide appropriate access, guard safety, and restrict non-resident use.

 

M:  THAT the KRA new business items be dispatched as recorded

      M/S: D. Lukan/M. Garbowicz

      CARRIED

8.  Adjourn & Next Meeting

M: The next meeting is scheduled for August 30 @ 6:30 pm.    

 

 

____________________________________________

Stan Hanoski, Vice- President

 

 

____________________________________________

Scott Siemens, Secretary